Wednesday, July 29, 2009

House Hunting & Sleeping!

So, yesterday we went and talked with a realtor. We liked her, we really did, but didn't sign a contract with her just yet. There was a house in Bridge City that we wanted to look at and it was For Sale by Owner. So yesterday we rode out to look at it...I took 66 pictures, but I will spare you=) Here's part of the front...My personal favorite parts are the living room and kitchen areas...
Now, all of Bridge City completely flooded during Hurricane Ike last year. There were literally 15 homes that were untouched (I heard). This one flooded and the guy who owns it now bought it from his uncle, completely gutted it and redid EVERYTHING. So everything is new...and beautiful. We have not found a home that we just loved during our hunting...this one is 1,822 sq ft, 3 br, 2 ba, 2 car garage...has the open living/dining area that we are looking for, all tile and wood laminate except for the new carpet in the bedrooms...nice sized rooms and bathrooms...so now we are just trying to decide what our first offer should be. You know, the one that's ridiculously below what we'll pay but not so low as to be insulting to the seller? That one. The way I see it, if we can't get it for what we are looking to spend on a home, then this one's just not for us!

Oh, and about the flooding...BC hasn't flooded like that in a hundred years, literally, not just a number I came up with. We are going to get an insurance quote also before we make an offer. So maybe you could be praying with us about that! This is our first home so we are pretty nervous about it!

In other news, Kamden is sleeping so well! This last week he's started waiting longer and longer between his nightly feedings. He will normally eat at 9, get a bath and go down at 10, and wake up around 4. Now I am unsure, but I think the last 2 nights I've just put him in bed with us without feeding him and he's gone back to sleep until 5 or 6. I could be wrong though. Anyway, even if he's sleeping til 4 that's 6 full hours. Sometimes he wakes up around 2 or 3 but he's not hungry, just reinsert his paci and he's back to sleep. I tell ya, it is so nice. I am still holding him until he's asleep, though, and putting him down asleep. I know it's about time we started sleep training with him, although I don't think I could ever be a CIO-er (that's Cry It Out-er). I also don't want him to have to have one of us with him to fall asleep. So tonight it was pretty late at his last feeding--11 because we have been getting all our loan info together for our lenders--and he was still awake after he ate. So I put him down. Awake. Without rocking him to sleep. Now, we did rock, but just not until he was asleep. He whimpered for a bit and I put his lovey close to his face, and he didn't cry. I left the room and he didn't cry. After a few minutes of silence, I went back in to check on him...still awake, but not crying. A few minutes later, here's what I found:


He doesn't even have his paci in his mouth!!! I am in no way trying to cut the paci out right now. Just excited to see that he didn't need it to fall asleep! How sweet is it that he is clutching his lovey like that? Also, it looks like he'd get a crick in his neck doesn't it? He throws it back like this to sleep every night, no matter what side he's on. Makes my neck hurt just thinking about it.

Anyway, he's been in there like that for over an hour now and I am just praying this is a new trend for him!! It seems too easy, though. I'll keep y'all posted, as I'm sure you are just on the edge of your seats about it.

And lastly, an update on Stellan...the last things she posted this afternoon/evening said that he was very uncomfortable and manic from the drugs...and then that he was beginning to show signs of toxicity because of the high levels they were having to give him to keep his little heart out of SVT. Then he has a lot of gags, chills, shakes, and fussing, vomited, and felt much better. They are thinking that they will be going to Boston tomorrow. I know she keeps posting positive things, but the pictures on her Tweets will just break your heart!!

P.S. Grandparents: I apologize for the lack of Kam-pictures...maybe we will do some new photos tomorrow. Today was full of crankiness, and nobody needs to see that!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

How PRECIOUS that picture of our sweet boy is!!! I LOVE it! And I AM on the edge of my seat, wondering how long he slept like that. :) Looks like I'm going to have to call you... :)