Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Castro

Ohhhhhhhh, man. Jason Castro was already one of my favorites, but tonight he just won me all the way over. I know it's a Cohen song, but we all know that if you've heard this song chances are you've heard my dear sweet Buckley doing it (plus, frankly, Cohen's version bores me) or maybe John Cale or Rufus Wainwright from Shrek. No matter whose version of Hallelujah you've heard, I guarantee you Jeff Buckley's is the most amazing (not just because he is my Ultimate and I have been obsessed with him since I first heard him), and his is the version that Jason sang tonight. And no, he wasn't better than Buckley, mostly because no one is or will ever be, but he sounded grrrrrrrrrrreat, and I love, love, love that he did it!!! AND that all 3 judges claimed they liked Buckley's version best (Simon's the only one I believe). Man. What. a. night.

So good. Soooooooo good.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree! SO good, plus he's a Texas boy! Can't get any better than that!

Leslie said...

Greatness.