Monday, August 24, 2009

Firsts

Has it really been a week already?? I am so sorry...can you tell I started work last Monday? Last week was great...Kam got to stay with Aunt Jewel Mon-Wed, and Mrs. Nell Thurs and Fri. He was a fussy, hungry little fella every day except Thursday, it seems! He completely depleted my frozen stash. I began getting really worried that we'd have to start supplementing formula during the day...I was pumping a little under 2 bottles at school and one at home, and he was taking 4 during the day. However, I think maybe he was in his 3-4 month growth spurt and just plain comfortable at home and wanted to eat all the time!! Today was his first day at Mrs. Laurel's (his new sitter) and he only ate 3 full bottles and part of another...and that's with him not being with me from 6:45-4:15!! I think that is just fabulous! And I've started to be able to pump more, too. Guess the Lactation Consultant was right...just the stress of going back to work and all that junk! Anyway, Kam napped well for Mrs. Laurel, too...I am so very thankful that he had a good first day at a sitter!!

Today was also Ella's first day of Pre-K!!! Can you believe it??? How in the world is she almost 5 already?? Man. I talked to her this evening after school and she loved it!!! She loves her teacher, loves that she gets to play outside so much, and loves the "new" song she learned! (5 little monkeys swingin' in the trees...) We totally used to sing that all the time. I think they put music to it, though. And she pointed out that they sing "Missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me" at the end of theirs! =) So funny. So she had a fabulous day as well...I hear she was quite the big girl. I am so proud of her!! And we miss her so much!!!

And, lastly, today was my first day back. It went about like I'd expected it to. I'm trying very, very hard to start this year with much more patience and understanding. We have a ton of new kids this year, and the old ones know what they can and cannot get away with, so it's always fun getting a new set and having to set this straight all over again! It's going to be a good year, though, I am sure of it!

No pictures, I know. I took one of Kam on his first day, and Rebecca sent us pictures of Ella on our phones...I just have to figure out how to get it from my phone to the computer! I think Kaleb's smartypants phone can do it. So I will post pics of both the lovely kiddos when that happens!

I think that's about it...it's 9:30 and my plan is to be in bed by 10 or 10:30 every night. With Kam waking up so often and my getting up at 5 to start pumping and getting ready, it gets really late really early!! I hope all of you have had a wonderful Monday as well!! What? Wonderful Monday? Did I really say that??

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so thankful that all of you had such a good day! From what I saw on facebook, you had a lot of prayers going up for you!! Isn't God good? I'm hoping and praying that this whole first year will be a good one for you!!! I love all of you!

katieBee said...

so you can just send the pics in a text message to your email address.... and like forward the message you've already received for the ones of our ella claire. :)

Carolyn said...

Glad to hear everyone's doing good and Ella loved her first day of school. Can't wait to see pics!