Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Satisfaction

It's been a long time since I got the kind of satisfaction I got today when I reconciled our bank statement. Man. Kaleb usually does it (and all the other financial stuff) but last night we both sat down and were having some great one-on-one time while doing the checkbook. So romantic, huh?! :) So we kept getting WAY off and finally around midnight (we'd started a little after 10:30 or so) we decided to call it a night. I brought it to work with me this morning and BAM I did it! Not like BAM--it actually took a little while, but still. It was such a wonderful feeling when I subtracted those last two numbers and their difference was $5.28, the initial difference there should've been. Mmmmmmm...sweet success.

Last night we took our first "professional" family photo! Our church is doing directory pictures so we did that, and we ended up buying some of us for our parents and of Ella of course. She was AMAZING, really hamming it up for the camera, which she NEVER does for a) strangers and/or b) photographers. We were so very proud of her!!

On the way home, she asked us where we were going. Kaleb told her we had to stop at the grocery store to get a few things and she goes (if I'm lyin' I'm dyin') "You have GOT to be kidding me!!!" Oh, man, we lost it. What 3 year old says that?? We laughed and laughed at her, so she kept on saying it. Man, I love that kid.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That's too cute about Ella. I want to see the Olan Mills greatness when you get them. We need to think of a witty caption for them and post them on Ebaum's World.