Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Clean Desk...

I have never been organized in my life. I'd always try to be, but I'd never get there. Or I'd be organized for a few days and then stop. However, I have kept up my newly organized room/desk for a week now, and I LOVE it!!! I stole some ideas from Leslie (Standing File Folder rack on desk with important folders in arm's length at all times, actually making copies in advance, etc.) and have incorporated a few of my own. Since we don't have textbooks, I organized all the worksheets I had from our Motivation Math CD's into page protectors in huge binders for each grade I teach according to their objective. I have some worksheets that I'd made on my own to insert, also, and I need to make a binder for tests for each objective. I'm actually keeping my papers graded and recorded in the computer AND in my gradebook (we have our gradebooks checked every other month, and the night before it's due I'm usually up here late recording all my grades on hard copy), and I'm checking attendance (instead of borrowing Leslie's gradebook the day before they're due to copy hers)! I am quite proud of myself, and it makes me feel REALLY good.

Also, and I'm not changing my little ticker because my official weigh-in isn't until Thursday morning, but I finally hit 20 pounds gone! Actually it's 20.5. I am PUMPED. Only 9.5 lbs until wedding weight now!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like I'm going to be borrowing YOUR gradebook this six weeks. I have done a horrible job of keeping up with attendance. This is my worst six weeks of organization, but only TEN more class days until I am ffffrrrreeee! (That's when the first of many TAKS tests will be OVER!!!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
You are doing so well, it makes me happy for you!

Leslie said...

I kind of expected a new blog since you got out of your workshop so early. I need something new to read.