Friday, May 1, 2009

It all happens for a reason...

So I've been pretty complain-y lately that Kamden hasn't come out yet. Which is really ridiculous when I stop and think about it. He's not due for another week. I just figured with my whole measuring 6 weeks ahead thing (8 weeks ahead now) that there was no way I'd carry him to 40 weeks. It is quickly approaching, though! I'll be 39 weeks on Sunday, and I haven't been having many contractions at all. My energy and nesting have been WAY up during the day. My classroom is more organized than it has ever been. My desk drawers are beautifully arranged, and I've done everything possible to put my entire brain into a binder for my sub. Copies are made so that she won't have to do anything while she's here except work off my lesson plans. I dusted every piece of furniture I have yesterday at school. The house is pretty clean...bathrooms look great and the bedroom furniture is dusted. I have plans tomorrow to vaccuum, mop, and dust the rest of the house to keep busy. I have to be doing something right now it seems. Except in the evenings when I am so completely drained that doing more than watching TV seems like a major feat. I finished all the thank you cards and Kaleb mailed them for me yesterday. I applied to a couple other schools and Kaleb also mailed that stuff off for me. Just to see what's out there. So, we are basically just waiting around, twiddling our thumbs til Kam comes.

However...

Everything happens for a reason. We found out this morning that the girl who's been planning on taking my class for the last few months changed her mind and decided to stay at her old job. She was supposed to start on Monday to get into the swing of things in my room. So we are back to square one trying to find a sub to take over my class for the last 4 weeks of the school year. Please pray that we can find someone quickly who will be good for my kids!! I don't want to leave not knowing what will happen with them.

No comments: