Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Wonderful Day

I had such a wonderful birthday yesterday!!! My friends and family made it so special. My husband bought me the most amazing shoes I've ever owned:
I LOVE them!!!!!! I'm not a tennis-shoe-with-jeans wearer, but I've been wearing t-shirts just so I can wear these shoes. Man. He also got me John Mayer tickets for August 2nd previously, and an arm band thing for my iPod and some earbuds that match the swoosh in my shoes:) I cannot WAIT to go to the gym today!!! I swear these shoes make me walk/jog faster! I'm even moving Spin to Fridays and Saturdays so I can use my armband and earbuds today. I am PUMPED.
My day started off wonderfully, mainly because I was met at the front office with a plate of the most phenomenal brownies OF MY LIFE that Leslie made for the staff (and Kaleb and Ella) in honor of my birthday. Oh, man. Seriously, the best brownies of my life. And I don't say that lightly. After school (and getting a sweet card in the mail from my mama--I'd already gotten my sweet cards from my daddy and sister, and another from my mama:) ), I had an interview for an elementary music teacher position, which I felt went pretty well. I'm going back for another interview next week. I am really praying hard that I get this job! It'd be a wonderful change, and I think I would LOVE to be a music teacher.
Then I went to my Group Power class at the gym, came home and freshened up, and then met my wonderful inlaws at Acapulco for my birthday dinner! It was so great to spend time with everyone and just enjoy it all! On the way home, I got a call from my sweet family who'd gotten together to sing "Happy Birthday" to me in the most beautiful three-part harmony you've ever heard and we came home for the BEST COOKIE CAKE EVER made (and decorated) for me by my husband, who has proven yet again to be the sweetest man in the world, and I cannot get over how much I love him!!! THANK YOU to all my friends and family who made my day so great! And for all the birthday wishes from you facebook and myspace folks!! I am so blessed! Oh, and let me throw in that my parents bought me NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK tickets!!!!!!!!! Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the shoes. The brownies were really easy. Just take a box of regular brownie mix (I used the kind with the Hershey's syrup) and fix it according to the directions. Pour half the batter in a 9x13 pan, and put 3 of the giant Symphony candy bars on top. Pour the rest of the brownie mix over it and bake according to the directions on the box. I think it's a Paula Deen recipe, but I'm not sure.