Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ouch

So this week I decided to try some new stuff at the gym. On Monday I just did the treadmill and bike, but every other day this week I've done a class. I did Spin on Tuesday evening (the real one--I'm not doing the intro class anymore:) ) and then last night I decided to do Group Power, which is a 60 minute program that uses handweights and barbells for curls and presses and squats and lunges and all those painful things. I loved it!! The teacher is wonderful, and she really made me feel comfortable with everything. So I've decided that I'll be doing that on Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:30 (p.m.) and then this morning I went to my first 5 a.m. Spin class. It was really easy...I don't know if it was because there were only 2 of us in there besides the instructor and he knew it was only her second time or what. There were no jumps and only a couple hovers (the hardest things for me to do) so I don't know what the deal was. It was definitely a great way to start the morning, though! I am in some severe pain in my arms, chest, and legs. I love it.

Today will finish up my first week of summer school. I cannot stress how ready I am for this to just be OVER. I'm so tired of this place. This afternoon we're leaving for Alexandria for a couple services at the Louisiana District Nazarene Family Camp, something that my family and I went to every year until I got married. I am really excited about being there and seeing my people! Then tomorrow evening we'll get Ella, go back for one more night at camp, then head out bright and early (try 6 a.m.) Saturday morning so we can be back in Nederland for our church's softball tournament. NO, I am not playing. Kaleb said that it wouldn't be a good idea after he saw my pitiful catching and throwing skillz. I said it wouldn't be a good idea all along. Hopefully by next year I'll have some toning and I can do stuff like that. Still, coordination is probably what I lack, and no amount of exercise will give me that! Anyway, Kaleb's playing in that so we'll be spending the day at the park watching games and letting Ella play. It's shaping up to be a great end of the week!

No comments: