Monday, July 11, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...

Can someone please tell me how this...

 turned into this...
so quickly??? Sigh. Saturday night, I put Kamden to bed a little late, around 9:30 or 10. I left the room and heard him crying for me, but thought he'd go back to sleep. About 5 minutes later, he was walking out of his room. What?? I tried to get him to show me how he climbed out of his crib, but he couldn't do it again, so I put him back down for the night. Kaleb and I were up late and finally went to bed around 3 a.m. We heard a thump, then looked up to see what looked very much like Kamden's impression of a grumpy bear walking into our bedroom. He acted like he was still half asleep and climbed in our bed. I asked him both times if he was hurt, if he fell, etc., but he said he was okay and we didn't see any bruises. So yesterday morning we went ahead and converted his sweet little crib into a toddler bed.

We spent the day in Starks yesterday, just relaxing, visiting, and swimming.

We got home really late, and Kamden was already asleep so we put him in his bed. He immediately woke up and wanted to play. I know this because he told us :) It took over an hour of us taking turns sitting by his bed and rubbing his back and singing for him to go to sleep. BUT...he didn't come stumbling back into our room until after 8 this morning!! So that's definitely a success!! I also consider it a success that our little dear who climbs on EVERYTHING took over 2 years to figure out he could climb out of his crib:) We're hoping that with a routine evening tonight, he will go down easier. We shall see!! Can't quite let him cry it out at night when he can get out and roam around the house! And I really don't think I can put a lock on the outside of his door. Or a tent over his bed. We'll just pray this works!!

*Oh, and yes he is wearing his Spider-Man underwear in the bed pictures. Potty training is very lax at our house. I was all gung-ho in the beginning, but I just don't think he's ready. He asks to potty at least once a day most days, and on days like today he asks to wear his "Pie-Man Un-Wear" and he gets to if he goes on the potty. But then he moves to a diaper if he tee-tees in them. Which he did about 30 minutes after I put those on.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Perfect solution. Buy the door knob covers that you find at Target in the baby safety section. We put one on the handle on the inside of Alyssa's door & if she gets out of bed, she can't get out. Eventually she gives up & lays back in bed.