Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did you say cheese?

So elections are a big deal around our house, what with my husband being the Elections Coordinator for our county. The entire 2 months that surround an election are always pretty hectic, but Election Day is always the worst. He has to go in around 5 a.m. and usually doesn't get of until the wee hours of the following morning. So Kaleb was trying to explain this to Ella last night on the way home from church. He started by saying that tomorrow was a very important day for our country. I added, "Yes, because tomorrow we get to choose a new president!" To which Ella replies, "Yum!" Kaleb and I kinda looked at each other like, mmmkay...and just waited. A few beats later, she says, "Did you say 'cheese'?" I have no idea why we found that so hilarious. We couldn't laugh at her because she hates it when you laugh at anything she says unless it was supposed to be a joke. But OH my goodness. I was crying I was laughing so hard. Kaleb had to try and explain it to her, that "choose" meant "pick" like you pick a new one. Anyway, I'm laughing again just retelling this story. I love that kid...never a dull moment with her!!