Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home again, home again...

Jiggity jig! We weren't gone that long, but it sure did feel like we did a full tour of Louisiana! Last Tuesday, we got our last-minute Christmas stuff done and headed up to Many, where my sister and I baked our little hearts out!! I have made cake pops 3 times in the past 2 weeks, and I can promise you it will be a VERY long time before I make them again!! Bakerella inspired me so I made them for school, my sister-in-law's Christmas party, and then again on Christmas Eve. I am all popped out! (Literally, too...my belly is ridiculous, but more on that later.) Mine weren't one tenth as cute as Bakerella's, but I'm an amateur. Here's a sample of the pops and the other stuff Katie and I baked and dipped! We also did Snickerdoodles.



Yummmmm. Sadly, all this has helped to contribute to my growing waistline. I'm afraid Kamden just isn't as big as my belly makes him out to be. I am going to start back to the gym this week, though. I am miserable!!
We spent Tuesday through Friday with my family in Many, and it was wonderful!!! On Friday, we got Ella, came back to my parents' so she could open her presents from them, then went down to Starks to Kaleb's parents' so she could open her gifts from them. We spent the night there and finally headed back to our house Saturday evening when Ella finally opened her gifts from us and the gift that Santa had left at her Beaumont for her. So, Christmas was quite prolonged for the Breaux family!! On Sunday, our choir was doing an encore presentation of our cantata, so my mom came in to see it and she got to stay for a couple of nights. It was so nice to have her here to hang out and relax for a few days!! Now it's Tuesday, and everyone's gone home, and it's just our little family. After being around so many people for so many days, it felt pretty lonely this afternoon! But Kaleb took off all this week, so I am really excited about spending my last week off with him and Ella!


I'm thoroughly enjoying finally being able to feel Kamden moving around!!! I don't feel many straight kicks (although Kaleb swears he kicked his hand a couple nights ago), but I can feel him fluttering around. It's very hard for me to believe that I'm already 21 weeks tomorrow...halfway there! Some of my family shocked us by buying him gifts. We didn't even buy him anything yet!! This kid is getting spoiled already.
Ella is getting really excited about being a big sister. She got a puppy for Christmas at Kaleb's parents' house (it stays there because our landlord doesn't allow pets) and named him Tyler (actually, Tyler Goose Breaux) and Kaleb was telling her tonight about how we were going to their house tomorrow for New Year's and she could see Tyler. She got SO excited, which we just attributed to the fact that she could see her puppy again. But she was puzzled and kept asking him, "I really get to see him tomorrow?? Are you sure??" I'd already discussed it with her, so I was confused. Then she said, "The baby's coming out of Jenni's belly tomorrow??" It was so sweet, especially seeing how genuinely excited she was. Tyler was her choice for a baby name for Kamden, and she just got a little confused on the names. I just love that girl!!

Well, my husband is snoring on the couch and Ella is watching her second 30 half hour of Batman, so I'm going to go put her to bed. I hope all of your Christmases were as wonderful as ours was!! Happy New Year's!
Oh, and proof of my huge belly:



1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love this entry! I especially enjoyed the story about Ella. I'm like her...I can hardly wait to meet Kamden!!